The Festival Council is the advisory body of the Festival. The Festival Council adopts the programme and the financial plan for the Festival and controls its realization. The Festival is run by the director of Pula Film Festival Public Institution, which is in charge of organization, administrative work, finances, technical and other affairs related to the work, realization, and organization of the Festival. Artistic director of the Festival is in charge of the film programme and professional programme publications, as well as the Festival’s web page. Artistic director is appointed by the Minister of Culture for a two-year term. Artistic director gives a proposal of the film programme to the Festival Council, creates and, in cooperation with the director of Pula Film Festival Public Institution, implements artistic and programme policy of the Festival, as well as international cooperation. The director of Pula Film Festival Public Institution gives a proposal of the Festival’s financial plan to the Festival Council and is responsible for its execution.
- adopts the programme and financial plan of the Festival and controls its realization,.
- at the proposal of the artistic director, appoints members and the president of the Jury,
- performs other tasks in line with the Rules of Procedure and this Statute.
Members of the Festival Council are:
– Minister of Culture who is also the president of the Board,
– Istria County Head,
– City of Pula Mayor,
– director of the Croatian Audiovisual Centre,
– director of Croatian Radiotelevision or a person appointed by him/her,
– president of the Croatian Film Directors Guild, – president of the Croatian Film Makers Association,
– artistic director of the Festival, and
– director of Pula Film Festival Public Institution.
The Minister of Culture, Istria County Head, and City of Pula Mayor each appoint one member of the Festival Council. Festival Council sessions are convened by the president of the Council. Festival Council sessions are prepared by the president of the Council in agreement with competent authorities and the Organizer. When necessary, a Festival Council session can be convened at the request of one third of Council members or the Minister of Culture. Festival Council sessions are held if there is a majority of Council members present. The Council adopts its decisions and conclusions by a majority of the Council members present.