konf rezi slider

The minority co-production Love Cuts was filmed on the scorching streets of Belgrade, which played a very big role in the film. As the director of photography Bojana Andrić said, they scouted for less known locations in the city, places where young people spend their time during summer - inner courtyards, shortcuts, allies…

Youth violence is a universal topic, and so the film was received nicely at the festival in Los Angeles, said Andrić.

Actresses Kristina Jovanović and Đurđina Radić filmed their scene in a single shot. As Jovanović said, it was a big challenge for her: “It’s amazing how much you get into this single shot scene. It’s easier, and also more difficult at the same time, as the scene is continuous.”

The most difficult part for her in preparing for the role was finding the right moment to snap. “Aja, the girl I am playing, has horrible things happen to her, and she just snaps at one moment”, Jovanović said. Other than acting, Jovanović also works in music, so she treated the media with a verse from one of her songs.

She also shared an anecdote from her work on this film: “The scene where I sit at the pool eating an apple was filmed numerous times, and so I don’t eat apples anymore. Whenever I bite into an apple, my jaw becomes stiff.”

Fellow actress Đurđina Radić aslo works in music, and was unable to come to the casting for the film. “However, Kristina thought I was a good choice for the role of Maja and she suggested I join the crew, which I did. I’d like to thank her for that”, she said. Producer Miloš Ivanović said that the film will be travelling to film festivals in Serbia and Italy after Pula Film Festival, and will screen in cinemas in autumn.

predsjednica hr Min kulture logo GRAD PULA LOGO zupanijodjelzakulturu pulaplus HTZpokrovitelji tzistraPOKROVITELJ