JURY FILM, Ben Hopkins
DIRECTOR: Ben Hopkins
COUNTRY: Germany, Turkey
YEAR / DURATION: 2015. • 82’
- SCREENPLAY: Ben Hopkins, Ceylan Ünal Hopkins
- CINEMATOGRAPHY: Jörg Gruber
- EDITOR: Levent Çelebi Lewo
- SCORE: Efe Akmen
- PRODUCERS: Mustafa Dok, Hans W. Geissendörfer
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Geißendörfer Film- und Fernsehproduktion (GFF), Bredok Filmproduction, CGV Mars Dagitim
- SALES AGENT: –
- FESTIVALS AND AWARDS: Hamburg Film Festival, Turkish Film Critics Association (SIYAD Award for Best Documentary Film)
A European director is commissioned to make a documentary about Istanbul. He starts to film its everyday life, but soon becomes drawn to the darker, more mysterious side of the city – its past, its secrets, its ghosts, and gradually succumbs to obsession.
About the director
Ben Hopkins (Hong Kong, 1969), British film director, screenwriter, and novelist, director of numerous awarded and noted films, such as Simon Magus (1999) and The Nine Lives of Tomas Katz (2000).
- INK – 23.07