JURY FILM, Pawel Pawlikowski
DIRECTOR: Pawel Pawlikowski
COUNTRY: Poland, Denmark, France, Great Britain
YEAR / DURATION: 2013. • 82’
- SCREENPLAY: Pawel Pawlikowski, Rebecca Lenkiewicz
- CINEMATOGRAPHY: Ryszard Lenczewski, Lukasz Zal
- EDITOR: Jaroslaw Kaminski
- SCORE: Kristian Eidnes Andersen
- ACTORS: Agata Kulesza, Agata Trzebuchowska, Dawid Ogrodnik, Jerzy Trela, Adam Szyszkowski, Halina Skoczynska, Joanna Kulig, Dorota Kuduk
- PRODUCERS: Eric Abraham, Piotr Dzieciol, Ewa Puszczynska
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Opus Film, Phoenix Film Investments, Canal+ Polska
- SALES AGENT: Fandango
- FESTIVALS AND AWARDS : Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, Sarajevo Film Festival, Thessaloniki International Film Festival, Warsaw International Film Festival (Grand Prix), BAFTA for Best Film Not in the English Language, European Film Award for Best European Film.
A novice nun about to take her vows uncovers a family secret dating back to the German occupation. When she meets her last living relative, Wanda, she gets new insights into her own descent. She learns her real name is Ida and that she is Jewish, and before she makes the final decision on taking the vows, she decides to find out more about her family at an isolated farm.
About the director
Pawel Pawlikowski (Warsaw, 1957), Polish director and writer. After graduating in literature and philosophy from Oxford, he made several noted and awarded documentary films. Select filmography: feature films that have won prestigious awards – Last Resort (2000), My Summer of Love (2004), Cold War (2018).
- INK – 21.07