DON’T LEAN OUT THE WINDOW
IN MEMORIAM BOGDAN ŽIŽIĆ
DIRECTOR: Bogdan Žižić
YEAR / DURATION: 1977. • 103’
- SCREENPLAY: Krunoslav Quien, Bogdan Žižić
- CINEMAOGRAPHY: Branko Blažina
- EDITOR: Martin Tomić
- SCORE: Ozren Depolo
- CAST: Ivo Gregurević, Fabijan Šovagović, Mira Banjac, Jadranka Stilin, Zdenko Jelčić, Inge Appelt
- PRODUCER: Sulejman Kapić
- COMPANY: Croatia Film, Jadran Film
- FESTIVALS AND AWARDS : Pula Film Festival 1977 (Grand Golden Arena, Jury Award – Ivo Gregurević, Golden Arena for Supporting Actress – Mira Banjac)
Filip is a young man from the Dalmatian hinterland who decides to leave for Frankfurt after hearing the alluring stories of guest workers who spend their vacation in their homeland. In Frankfurt, he tries to find his compatriot Mate, who can help him get around in the foreign country, but doesn’t find him. Filip is disheartened from the start, experiencing troubles one after another, but finally finds Mate lethally wounded.
About the director
Bogdan Žižić (Solin, 1934 – Zagreb, 2021), Croatian director and screenwriter. Graduated from the Faculty of Law in Zagreb in 1957, and was actively involved in film from 1964, directing five feature films, numerous TV films based on the works of Croatian writers, and about a hundred short and medium-length documentary films with various topics, mostly based on his own screenplays. He received international awards, and the highest Croatian awards in culture and film.
- Valli Cinema – 17.07