A BRIXTON TALE
DIRECTOR: Darragh Carey, Bertrand Desrochers
YEAR / DURATION: 2021. • 71’
GENRE: drama, thriller, romance
- SCREENPLAY: Rupert Baynham, Darragh Carey
- CINEMATOGRAPHY: Kristof Brandl
- EDITOR: Derek Holland
- SCORE: Peter Venne
- CAST: Lily Newmark, Ola Orebiyi, Craige Middleburg, Jaime Winstone, Barney Harris
- PRODUCER: Rupert Baynham
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: BWGTBLD, Reprobate Films, The Damned Crew, Paradox House
- SALES AGENT: Parkland Pictures
- FESTIVALS: Slamdance, Glasgow, Shanghai
Benji is a quiet nerdy boy from a Brixton estate, who works in his mother’s nail salon. Leah is a public school rebel and activist. The two fall in love and Leah talks Benji into some dangerous things so she can film a documentary. When things get out of hand and move into the world of drugs and crime, their relationship and the relationships with their loved ones will on a path of no return.
About the director
Darragh Carey is an Irish director and writer. He graduated from Dublin City University, DIT and the London Film School, and has made a number of commercials and short films (Canot Camping, Get the Funk Out, The Holt, 2017), and has received numerous awards. A Brixton Tale is his first feature film.
Bertrand Desrochers is a Canadian, Québécois writer and director who has been making films since childhood. In 2012, he founded Ångstrom Films, directing and editing music videos, live gigs and web series. He graduated from the London Film School. A Brixton Tale is his first feature film.
- Kaštel – 19.07