DIRECTORS: Tomm Moore, Ross Stewart
COUNTRY: Irska, Ujedinjeno Kraljevstvo, Luksemburg, Francuska
YEAR / DURATION: 2020. • 103’
GENRE: animated 8+
- SCREENPLAY: Will Collins, Tomm Moore, Ross Stewart
- EDITOR: Darragh Byrne, Richie Cody, Darren T. Holmes
- SCORE: Bruno Coulais
- VOICES: Honor Kneafsey, Eva Whittaker, Sean Bean, Simon McBurney, Tommy Tiernan, Maria Doyle Kennedy, Nora Twomey, Oliver McGrath
- PRODUCERS: Paul Young, Nora Twomey, Tomm Moore, Stéphan Roelants
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Cartoon Saloon, Mélusine Productions
- FESTIVALS: Toronto International Film Festival, London Film Festival
Robin is a girl who arrives to Ireland in 1650 with her father Bill Goodfellow, a wolf hunter. Her father forbids he to leave the city walls, but Robin is adventurous and leaves to the woods, where she meets an unusual girl Mebh who lives with a pack of wolves. Although they are not friends and first, they become closer and Robin suddenly gains unusual powers.
About the director
Tomm Moore (Newry, 1977) is an Irish filmmaker, animator, illustrator, and comic book artist. He studied animation at the Ballyfermot College of Further Education in Dublin. He co-founded Cartoon Sallon, an independent animation studio and production company. His feature films The Secret of Kells (2009), Song of the Sea (2014), and WolfWalkers speak about Irish folklore and fantasy, and have received awards and critical acclaim, and were all nominated for the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature.
Ross Stewart (1976) studied animation at the Ballyfermot College of Further Education in Dublin, along with Tomm Moore, and they have worked together on all projects ever since. He is a director, screenwriter, animator, and artistic director. WolfWalkers is his directorial debut.
- INK – 19.07